Detox Body Wrap
Detox Body Wrap Safely stimulates body and tissues purification using Vitamin B3 – Niacin. As a result body functions become stronger and more efficient and established waste and toxins are eliminated. Great for these who are looking for cellulite reduction, skin firmness, or those who are experiencing low energy or headaches.
Keep in mind, this is a detoxifying treatment and you must refrain from putting the most toxic/inflammatory food and drink in the body for 2-3 days following the Detox Body Wrap – specifically avoid Alcohol, processed sugar, white/wheat flour, red meat, and caffeine while drinking about 90 oz. of water/day to flush your body of the toxins released.
- On average UP TO 4-8 inches lost in one treatment (1/4 – 1/2 inch in various areas of the body) over a 3-day period while maintaining hydration. Results vary depending on the amount of toxins in one’s body, how well you follow the after instructions, and if there are any other health conditions.
- Inches lost are as a result of toxic waste being drawn from the tissues. This is not a water loss treatment; therefore, the inches lost are more permanent when followed up with “clean” eating and daily exercise. Recommend a series of 3-5 spaced 5-7 days apart for progressive results. Maintaining clean eating during the series of wraps is also important to achieving progressive results.
- Scroll toward the bottom of the page for the Do’s and Don’t of this treatment prior to booking an appointment, this will insure optimal results and avoid last minute cancellations.
An amazing detoxifying treatment! Massage and the wrap, both stimulate the lymphatic system to release toxins, increase circulation and put you in a state of complete relaxation.
- 30 min. of integrative Swedish and Deep Tissue massage focused on neck, shoulders, scalp, hands, arms, and feet WHILE you are in the wrap. Excellent way to relax and pass the time as you are in the wrap for about an hour.
- Inches lost are as a result of toxic waste being drawn from the tissues. This is not a water loss treatment; therefore, the inches lost are more permanent when followed up with “clean” eating and daily exercise.
- Recommend a series of 3-5, spaced 5-7 days apart for progressive results.
- Please scroll toward the bottom of the page for the Do’s and Don’t of this treatment prior to booking an appointment, this will insure optimal results and avoid last minute cancellations.
Our detoxification programs help the body cleanse itself of toxins, mucus, and other waste materials in the intestinal tract and major vital organs, improving the way they function. This not only restores new energy to the vital organs but to the entire body as well. The natural formulas used in our programs have been in use since 1985.
You can feel confident that these programs are safe and effective. Unlike other detoxification programs, you are eating solid food during the 30-days with an exception of two 3-day liquid-only juice days that take place on days 9-11 and 28-30. Also included are optional meal replacement shakes and supplements that help appease the appetite.
Your body uses about 40% of its energy to digest food, on the 3-day liquid juice days, many clients experience an increase in energy as your energy is not used on digesting food and is redirected toward healing and other activities. In 20-30 days, this program can transform the way you look, feel, and consume food resulting in a healthier body, mind, and spirit. 11-day is available both as an introductory and maintenance program. You can start with eleven and decide to go for twenty or thirty.
Benefits of an 11, 20, or 30-day Detoxification Program:
- Increase energy
- The digestive tract can rid itself of accumulated waste and putrefied bacteria (weight loss and inch loss is very common during the program as your body rids itself of toxins)
- The liver, kidneys, and blood are purified and function more effectively.
- The peristaltic action of the colon is strengthened.
- A mental clarity occurs that is not possible under the constant bombardment of chemicals and food additives.
- Dependency on habit-forming substances such as refined sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and certain drugs are greatly diminished.
- The stomach has a chance to return to normal size, making it easier to control the quantity of food eaten.
- Bad eating habits are broken. As you come off the program it is easier to make wiser food choices.
- Reduce or eliminate allergies.
- Improve skin disorders (eczema, psoriasis)
- Strengthen the immune system.
- If you are currently under a doctor’s care, you will need his/her permission to do any detoxification program.
- Complimentary 30 min. consultations may be booked online.
Learn more about our Detox Body Wraps
The Detox Body Wrap is one of our best-selling treatments. Our clients love our detox body wrap because it’s a relaxing treatment that will detoxify their tissues, tighten their skin, result in inch loss, break down cellulite, reduce water retention all while hydrating the skin and increasing overall energy. This amazing detox wrap does wonders for the body. It helps to free and remove trapped waste in the connective tissue, eliminating internal disfiguring deposits and stimulate inch loss.
Some signs that you may need a body detox include:
- Mental confusion, absentmindedness, poor concentration, indecision*
- Weak immune system
- Fatigue / lack of energy*/trouble sleeping
- Mood swings, anxiety, depression, irritability*
- Overweight / underweight*
- Cravings or addictions*
- Digestive problems (gas, ulcers, heartburn, IBS)*
- Allergies, hay fever, asthma*
- Irregularity (constipation, diarrhea)*
*Symptoms listed above could also be attributed to other serious health problems, so it’s always best to visit your physician first to rule out any other serious ailments.
How can a detox body wrap help?
Detox wraps are a great compliment to any detoxification program. Whether you are juicing, fasting or changing your diet to cleanse your system, a detox body wrap can support or increase the benefits of your program. The detox wrap can help to release toxic buildup trapped in connective tissue by increasing lymph and blood flow to areas where toxins are present. It can also improve your immune system as toxins are eliminated. Cellulite is described as a condition of uneven deposits of fat, water and toxins that are trapped in connective tissue. Studies found the biggest contributor toward cellulite condition was poor circulation (other contributors: caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, increased hormonal activity, drugs, stress, not drinking enough water, overcooked fatty or dead food). Loss of blood flow to an area, whether from lack of exercise, excessive sitting, clogged arteries, or nutrient deficiency have a big impact on its formation. To permanently remove cellulite from the body you need to start at the source of a toxic body and detoxify internally.
How our Detox Wrap compare to others?
1) 100% herbal based treatment with Vitamin B3. The cream we use in the wrap was originally developed by a bio-chemist from the UCLA Medical center to encourage circulatory and lymphatic flow in patients suffering from diabetes or any disease that inhibited circulation, especially in the lower extremities. It doesn’t contain any preservatives, fillers or artificial fragrances. One of the main ingredients, vitamin B3 (Niacin) increases circulation to reduce the cycle of cellulite formation by stimulating the body’s own natural lymph elimination function. The lymph system is responsible for sweeping toxins, bacteria, virus and germs from the body. Often this process is inhibited by poor eating habits and lack of exercise. The wraps are designed to work internally and externally to help rid the body of waste.
2) Works for up to 3 days in your body. Did you know that with an internal cleanse wrap (our detox wrap) there is no weight loss for at least 72 hours? With other wraps that aim to make you sweat, you will experience immediate weight loss; however, most of it is water loss. At Serenity Wellness Spa, our goal with a Detox Body Wrap is to remove toxins, not water. Sweating causes water loss and dehydration which can accelerate the aging process. In addition the weight loss returns as soon as you ingest liquids that replace the dehydration.
3) In comparison to other wraps, the cream we use nourishes, hydrates, and tightens the skin unlike clay wraps which dry the skin and can lead to premature aging.
4) Our wraps are aminophyllin free. Aminophyllin is being widely used in anti-cellulite creams. This chemical ingredient is an asthma medication, which was formulated to shrink the mucous membranes so patient could breathe. It does exactly the same externally, shrinking the cell of any moisture. This again encourages water loss and is the most damaging of cellulite treatments.
What does the treatment entail?
Basically there are three (3) steps: Body exfoliation, contour cream application, body contouring wrap. We always start with body exfoliation that removes dead cells and prepares the skin for better product absorption. Next, we apply the contour cream that increases lymph flow and blood circulation that helps to release toxins and break down cellulite. Lastly, we wrap your body with a plastic wrap similar to saran wrap but specifically designed for body wraps as it has extra stretch in it to stimulate acupressure points and flush waste materials from the body. You relax on a warm bed for approximately 60 minutes allowing the cream to absorb and toxins to start moving into the lymphatic system. During this time many of our clients add on a customized facial or 30 minute massage as a way to pass the time and come out feeling and looking great. You can opt to simply nap or relax during the treatment as well.
How long does a body wrap take & how often can I get it?
We ask you to allow 75 minutes for each session. For optimal results we suggest a series of 3 to 5 wraps, depending on your goals and how toxic your body may be. The wraps can be done as close as 5-7 days apart. If your primary goal is to detox your body and lose weight, we strongly suggest either an 11-day, 20-day or 30-day detoxification program. On average our clients lose approximately 4-10 lbs. during one of these programs. Results vary according to toxicity and how well you follow the program, the more toxic you are the more you have to lose and some clients have lost as much as 20 lbs. in 30 days. Others have detox wraps for maintenance, releasing toxins every 2-4 weeks.
Do I need to exercise or wear a suit during detox wrap? No. There is absolutely no exercise involved during the wrap and no additional suit. Exercise is encouraged the day after the wrap and in general; however, not the day of the wrap or for at least 6 hours as sweating will reduce absorption of the cream.
What should I wear to be wrapped? We provide disposable under garments for men and women. If you feel more comfortable wearing your own under garments you are welcome to. Keep in mind, the cream needs to be applied in the areas where you want to experience toxins being released or inch loss.
Are there any contraindications? If you are under a Doctor’s care it makes sense always to ask him/her before trying something new. People with heart conditions (specifically conditions requiring coumadin), epilepsy, that have had cancer that is not in remission or in remission less than a year, or are pregnant or nursing should NOT be wrapped.
- DO drink a minimum of 1/2 your body weight in ounces 1-2 days prior to receiving your body wrap (but don’t drink an hour before the wrap to avoid having to go to the restroom while you are wrapped). Example: weight = 120 lbs, drink at least 60oz. of water/day. Continue to drink a minimum of ½ your body in weight in ounces forever!
- DO start taking CELL-U-RID at least one week prior to starting wrap series. (optional supplement)
- DO use MAINTAIN each day after a bath or shower. (optional anti-cellulite lotion)
- DO ensure that you perform enzymatic exfoliation at home at least 3 times a week (helps with circulation).
- DO ensure (if you are sensitive to niacin) that you are not using any tanning creams, or vitamins that contain niacin 2-3 days prior to wrap.
- DO consider doing an internal detoxification program to enhance cellulite and inch loss.
- DON’T allow yourself to be wrapped if you: have a heart condition (specifically conditions requiring coumadin), epilepsy, have had cancer that is not in remission, or are pregnant or nursing. If you are a smoker, you must refrain from smoking for at least 3 days after having a detox wrap.
- DON’T have caffeine, processed sugar, white flour, red meat, ALCOHOL for 3 days following the wrap. You can have a reaction if you have alcohol or processed sugar in the 3 days following the wrap. Refrain as long as possible or keep to a minimum as these add toxins back into the body. Ideally, avoid alcohol and processed sugar immediately before the wrap as well.
- DON’T use a lotion or creams on your body the day of your wrap.
- DON’T shave the day of your wrap.
- DON’T shower or exercise for 4 hours after receiving the wrap. This allows the cream to fully absorb.
- DON’T use excessive heat – ie hot tubs, steam room, saunas for 3 days.